cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Logon page in EP6

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am on EP6 SP2 and currently having issue with the portal logon page. When I try to access the portal via the full register domain name, the portal page seems to go nowhere - similar to a refresh after I clicked 'Log on'. For example: http://www.mycompany/irj/portal

However, once I am in the server, I was able to log into the portal successfully via http://localhost/irj/portal.

Can anyone tell me where I should look to correct this problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member81750
Active Participant
0 Kudos

TDX,

Did you try ping www.mycompany.com to see if the mycompany.com is being resolved by the DNS.

Also try accessing http://www.mycompany.com to see if J2EE is working.

- Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pankaj,

I get a successful reply when I ping www.mycompany.com

In addition, when I accessed just only http://www.mycompany.com , I see the Documentation SAP J2EE Engine 6.20 page along with menu selection on the right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Have you configured your IISProxy.xml file correctly, i assume you are going through IIS server? Also you may want to check on the IIS server under windows directory system32->drivers->etc-> hosts file you need to have the following entry.

66.66.66.66 mycompany.com

(ip add of ur iis server)

regards

Anton

Anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anton,

I modified the host file that you mentioned. I was able to log into the portal successfully only while I was in the server.

I tried accessing the portal from a remote computer and still I’m facing the same problem. I have the IIS and EP6 SP2 on the same server. I assumed the problem might be related to the IIS at this point.

1. If I am correct, only SP3 or higher will need the IISProxy.xml file, correct?

2. In IIS, in the Home Directory Tab, is this the correct local path c:\usr\sap\.. for the portal?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was wondering if anyone might have another suggestion regarding where I can look to correct this issue.

In addition, how can I award points to those that assisted me with this problem. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I attempted to login into the Portal over the internet, I am not getting any error message and it returns back to the logon page.

<b>Only</b> when I am in the server, I can log into the portal via using:

1.) http://localhost/irj/portal

2.) add the IP address & domain to my host file

While I'm in the Portal, I do see all the user IDs in the log that attempted logging into the system over the internet under the path below.

System Administration -> Monitoring -> Logged on Users

Let me know if you can help and share any suggestion regarding this problem. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This might do the trick. In your hosts file add the following entry:

127.0.0.1 localhost mycompany.com

or in your IIS, add a host header entry for mycompany.com, which would resolve to that domain name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yasin,

No luck and thanks for the trick. I modified the host file like you suggested but it works only when I am in the server. It's negative when I try to access over the internet.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure you do not have any firewall blocking the application. I have had this problem with Black Ice blocking me to get to Portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moaz,

If the firewall was blocking my application, the logon page should not display correct? I can ping or access the logon page successfully without any problem. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have a proxy server in place? If you do have you changed the settings on the portal to make it aware of the proxy server? Or did you just change the port that the portal runs on from 50000 to 80?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls refer SAP note 713568 for instructions on how to troubleshoot IIS Proxy. Also take a look at SAP note 886214.

Hope this helps you

Jojo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

Prior to the new Portal IP address, I changed the port 50000 to 80 and it was working fine. Still, it is on port 80 at the moment. We are currently not using the proxy server.

The issue started when I assigned the new registered IP address to the Portal. I have verified in the SAP J2EE Engine Config Tool & SAP J2EE Administrator to see if the new IP address is required. But I couldn't’t find anywhere in those tools that required the new IP address. I’m not aware if there is any other file that I needed to verify.

Please let me know if you have any suggestion. Thank you guys.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on the log in the Portal, I can see the user id that attempted to logged via the internet. Their user ID appeared in the log, even though they can't log into the portal successfully.

I don't know what is the best way to narrow down my focus and determine where it is that is causing the problem.

This is urgent and please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks.