cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Logoff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi People i am facing a starnge issue.

When a user clicks on Logoff the page navigates back to the logon page and the DSM terminator page is not killed but a logon page again is opened in dat too.

So as a result i get to logon pages for a single logoff.

i Also tried to keep AlertSessionManagementMismatch = False parameter

from service configuration ...thought that the DSM terminator window

itslef will not open ....but did not resarted the portal(dnt think it

is reqd)

I have already searched SDN but none matched mine reqmnt.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jass,

> When a user clicks on Logoff the page navigates back to the logon page

That is the standard behaviour. Anyhow, you can configure the target, see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/44/aada5230be5e77e10000000a155369/frameset.htm

> and the DSM terminator page is not killed

> but a logon page again is opened in dat too.

That should not occur. Very probable, the logoff has been done on server side before the DSMTerminator has been executed, and so it needs a logon again, as it is not accessible anonymous by default.

On the one hand, you can try to eliminate the root cause, but that's hard to say remotely, what this is. Do you use the standard framework page? As this has built in a delay to circumvent this situation; the value of this delay is hardcoded in some JS file, so one could change it to check if that changes the behaviour, but this would not really be a solution. If you have some own framework page, maybe even a light framework page, you have to check if there is also a delay built in between the call of the DSMTerminator and the final logoff component call.

If you don't eliminate the root cause, a workaround could be to open the DSMTerminator component for anonymous access; for this see https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/755947

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beutber Good Day!!,

Thanks for the immediate reply.

After i logoff portal comes to logon page this is std. behaviour ofcourse i know it i actully wrote it wrong. sorry :).

1) Now after u told me even i feel the same logoff has been done on server side before the DSMTerminator has been executed and FYI we are using our own Custom Logon Page which has couple of flash pictures running on it .

2) Shall i implement this ...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/44/aada5230be5e77e10000000a155369/frameset.htm

3) Please do guide me how to check if there is also a delay built in between the call of the DSMTerminator and the final logoff component call.

4) or shall i go ahead with this :workaround could be to open the DSMTerminator component for anonymous access; for this see https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/755947

i am not understanding wat is this anonymous access as in my case we are using portal id's to log on.

Thanks in Advance Mr. Beutner.

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jass,

1.) A custom Logon-Page doesn't matter and so it doesn't influence the behaviour described. A custom framework page could do this, but you have not answered if you are using one...

2.) You may or may not. It won't influence the behaviour described. I just gave you the hint as I had the feeling that you want a different behaviour also for the main window when logging off. With that, you could reach this, but it won't do anything with the session termination.

3.) There is a JS function "logoffDelay" in the outest HTML (the framework page), which is called after EPCM.raiseEvent("urn:com.sapportals.portal:user", "logoff", ""); has been called. That is the standard implementation trick for calling the DSMTerminator before logging off has happened on server side.

4.) You probably would only get the DSM window closing again automatically; but as the session has been destroyed on server side with the logoff, the DSM termination wouldn't work in fact. So - it only would be a workaround around the symptom...

Hope it helps

Detlev

PS: Please consider rewarding points for helpful answers on SDN. Thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Deltev,

After a long search i was able to find the JS function "logoffDelay".

please help me in understanding wat necessary changes shalli do to achieve normal functionality in the following piece of code .

function logoff()
{
    EPCM.raiseEvent("urn:com.sapportals.portal:user", "logoff","
");
    logoffStartTime = (new Date).getTime(); 
    window.setTimeout("logoffDelay()", "50");
}

function logoffDelay()
{
  var isLogoffDelayElapsed = ((new Date).getTime() - logoffStartTime) > (60*1000);
  if(isLogoffFinalAllowed || isLogoffDelayElapsed) { 
     logoffFinalCall();
  } else {
     window.setTimeout("logoffDelay()","50"); 
  }

It was also observed that when we log off the portal we get two logon pages displayed one is the normal Logon Page and when we logon in the other logon page it gives the error "DSM Terminator v. 7.100645002 [ ABORT ]

Finished ( 0 request(s) distributed, 749ms)"

Which means the DSM Terminator is aborted.

Thanks in Advance.

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jass,

If the DSM terminator take more than 700 ms, this is really a very long time, but I'm unsure how it comes.

Anyhow, to prevent the logoff happening before the DSM terminator component has run, increase the first "50" to "1000" - that will be "feelable" by the user "(it takes one second before the logoff server roundtrip happens), but maybe fixes your problem for the moment.

You still should then check why the DSM termintor takes that long time, probably in cooperation with SAP (open an OSS message).

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Deltev,

{

EPCM.raiseEvent("urn:com.sapportals.portal:user", "logoff","

");

logoffStartTime = (new Date).getTime();

window.setTimeout("logoffDelay()", "50");

}

did the trick this piece of code was not there in our Masthead par file....

as soon as we added the same it worked.

Thank you very much for helping.

Cheers!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

I would really appreciate it if you can tell me if you have received an answer/solution for your following thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1225637

We currently have a high severity incident open as I type this mail.

Thanks!

Ian

Answers (0)