cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal login problems after editing the UME (AS ABAP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We just installed NW2004s as a BI pilot and I created some ABAP users. After that, I tried to login with on of these new users at the Netweaver Portal, which was refused because the user was unknown.

So I logged on with the J2EE_ADMIN, discovered that although the UME source already was set to AS ABAP, the client-ID (Mandant) was wrong ("001"). I set it to "100", saved, logged off and until now I couldn't login again:

- using the ABAP user I actually can login but I get an error because the user has no portal roles

- using the J2EE_ADMIN I get a screen saying "page not found or not available", so I can't backup my changes!

Both ABAP users (J2EE_ADMIN + the other one) have profile SAP_ALL, a generated version of the SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION role and the role SAP_J2EE_ADMIN as well.

Can anyone help me with this mess, it seems like I completely wrecked our brand new installation! (I'm an absolute beginner with NW Portal etc.)

Sebastian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

can you try to [Activating the Emergency User|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/3a/4a0640d7b28f5ce10000000a155106/frameset.htm]? With this user you should be able to access the portal again. Then assign the group Administrators to (at least) one ABAP user.

Deactivate the user again and try to logon with the ABAP user. Then we can try to figure out what is wrong with the J2EE_ADMIN user.

Regards,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again

and thanks for your quick reply.

I tried to activate the user but somehow it didn't work out: The BI system is running on UNIX and I tried to activate the emergency user via the shell console but still could not logon.

Anyhow, the problem is solved now because we restored the post-installation status again since I made some other mistake that didn't allow me to change the BI client anymore (long story).

Thanks for your help anyway!

Sebastian