cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Iview and sessions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I made an URL Iview, pointing to an internal website. The website (written in ASP) requires username/password authentication. When this is succesfull, a sessionid is put on the session.

Problem is that everytime we click on a link to navigate trough the website, a new session is started by the iview and the needed sessionId as lost.

Did anyone have the same problem? Does anyone now how to solve this one.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding the website - the iview is pointing at - to the trusted sites into explorer, solves the problem.

If anyone has another solution, please let me know. It would be nice if no changes at client site were needed.

CU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Thanks fot the advise, the problem however is not how to authenticate towards the website. I want the users still to authenticate using the username/password combination manually.

The problem is that no-one can browse the site, because a new session is started for every click and then authentication is needed again. How to I prevent the iview from starting a new session for each click ... .

Kind Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geert,

User personalization; did you consider saving userid and password of each user as part of thier personalization?

Regards,

AAAttar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geert,

you can pass those parameters in the url iView or you can define a http system and use user mapping for that

hope it helps,

yoav