cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal in Front End & Workflow in Back End

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

can someone tell how does a workflow in a background operate and send mails to the approvers for a request where both the requestor and the approver check their approvals in Portal ? all these mails would go the Portal instead of Business Inbox.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As akshay mentioned you can use UWL for processing workitems from portal. Configuring UWL into portal is explained in "UWL Cookbook" which is available in service.sap.com. I dont remember the exact downloadable link but searching through SDN would get u that.

If you want the approver to receive mails in inbox...you can do it by configuring SAP mails for the approver in your workflow and then configuring the SONIC connector for pulling the SAP mails to your UWL. For details on SONIC again search this forum.

P.S: But i think this is not a solution supported by SAP. And many people where getting some authorization errors when trying to use. So test it with caution before moving it to production.

Thanks,

Prasath N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think all you can use is <b>UWL</b> i.e. Universal Worklist for the same.

Pls check out the SAP help for configuring the same.

Once you have configured the same, all your SAP Inbox work items will be accessible thro' UWL / Portal also.

Hope this helps to start off..

Regds,

Akshay Bhagwat

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a standard program that need to be run in background to generate notification to Outlook and LN for each workitem that is generated. You can provide the Executable attachment upon which if you click will take you to SAP Inbox. The program is RSWUWFML2. Make sure the SAP User Id to whom you are sending the workitem has a valid email address attached to the SAP User ID in SU01d and the communication method should be Email.

Regarding how Workflow works in background you must make sure that everything is fine in transaction Code SWU3.

<b>Reward points if useful</b>