cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While installing the EP6.0 SP3 we are being prompted fro a SAP Cryptofile and is recommednded to SAP Note 397175. As per the note we downloaded the SAP Crypto Toolkit, extracted and supplied the directory as the path.

However it shows an error as follows

A directory with a complete set of IAIK security java libraries has to be specified. DIAGNOSIS: The input seems not to be valid. SOLUTION: Please check your input.

Kindly help

Regards

Noufal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noufal,

maybe something went wrong in this process step of your installation. Let me specify the steps you would have to do at this point so you can check this:

1. Go to http://service.sap.com/download -> Download -> SAP Cryptographic Software.

2. Search for "SAP JAVA CryptoToolkit (J2EE Engine as of Release 6.30)". Click on the icon next to the selectbox (right button)-> "Save as..."

3. Unpack the files in the "011000358700005230472003E.CAR"-File using "SAPCAR -xfv *.CAR".

4. When you are asked for the SAP Java Libs in the installation select the file "tc_sec_java_crypto_signed_fs_lib.sda" from the 1.4x directory just extracted.

5. Go to: http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html -> "Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files 1.4.2" (at the end of the page) -> Download

6. When you are asked for the Crypto file in the installation select the just downloaded "jce_policy-1_4_2.zip"

Hope this helps,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your instruction in detail.

I've got one more question.

Regarding step 3, how can I "unpack" the CAR file?

I tried to download the unpack-application from market place, but it's also CAR file and I'm sort of stuck.

Please specify the application name for Windows Server 2000, or some easy ways to unpack the CAR file and extract the .sdn file.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,

Yoshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yoichiro,

If i am not wrong, I think you can unpack the CAR files using sapcar.exe.

We should be able to download it from service.sap.com.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Vivek.

The file was unpacked by using the application.

Regards,

Yoshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yoichiro,

Please feel free to reward points

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,all.

I am facing a problem regarding EP implementation; I need help from you guys.

After the installation by RI 2.1, the portal screen is not shown properly.

I am able to logon but there is no contents shown, like "Contents Management", "User Management" and "System Management."

As I look at Event Viewer, I see a following error message.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{BA126AD1-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E}

to the user NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE SID (S-1-5-20). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

I checked the permission setting for "netman" which is derived from GUID {BA126AD1-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E} but situation does not change.

Could you please tell me how to fix this problem?

I need your cooperation.

Best regards,

Yoichiro

>Vivek

Ok, I will reward points for you.

Thanks then.

Answers (0)