cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal for BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use for our BW Reports EP 6.0. After release change to NW2004s we have for our BW system EP 7.0, but we haven’t used this Portal. Now we are developing planning functions, and they have to use EP 7.0. Can I make a link in EP 6.0 to EP 7.0? What should I do for this? Thanks!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You asked two separate questions -

1. Integrated planning - will be configured / used on BI Java (yes using EP7)

2. Yes you should be able to link BI EP7 to EP6 (SP14+) - search on FPN (Federated Portal Networks) what your options are

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where can I find FPN?

Message was edited by:

Kiev

Former Member

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiev,

u cn refer to these links for federated portal

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/351402eb-0a01-0010-50ab-a85ed...

Regards

Bhargava

pts r always welcome

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think, I can use FPN only between EP 7.0. And I want to have a link from EP 7.0 in EP 6.0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiev,

Technically, you can establish trust between EPt6 and EP7. However, I'm not sure you'd be able to avail all possible features this way. I'm going through this now and haven't had much success.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran, Kiev,

Can you share your experiences using two portals 1) BI EP7 and 2) EP6 as the "central/entry point" portal? We are planning to upgrade our BI environment to NW2004S/EP7 and we are trying to determine what features we lose if we keep our central portal as EP6, for now.

Have you generated certificates on both portals, or only one?

Do you connect both UMEs to an LDAP datastore?

Do you use URL iviews to connect from the EP6 portal to the EP7 portal?

Any other implementation information you can share would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deb,

My initial proof of concepts of using EP6 as the user facing Portal with BI's Java stack behind, did not really seem to be ideal for our situation. We use BW for Reports and Dashboards/Scorecards. Also, our interest in the "Web" functionality of BW is growing (More, everything on web, browser accessible).

With EP6, and BI'Java stack, you can not technically lay a Federated Portal Network. However, you can generate trust between EP6 and BI's Java stack to enable SSO, however integration ends there. With FPN (where both Portals are EP7 >sp6, can't remember) you really should be able to utilize all BI features enabled on EP7 (user facing) as though they were hosted on EP7 itself. This is the direction we are heading towards and is what SAP recommends.

As per your questions, we are still investigating our options and will make a decision soon. Unfortunately, our initial search to find someone who have done it and share information was in vain and the documentation is as you know very limited with the exception of few blogs on sdn and help.sap.com documentation which doesn't mention FPN in BI usage.

Regards,

Kiran

luciano_leitedasilva
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiew,

Yes, you can! But what is exactly do you use in the Portal 6? Is the BI 7.0?

The BI 7.0 needs the Portal 7!

Regards,

Luciano