cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pls Help! Eclipse plugin question...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am trying to install the Eclipse Plug-in for the PDK v1.2.0 onto Eclipse (version 3.0.2) but however, it doesn't seem to work. On eclipse when I go from Windows>Preferences> I don't see any 'Portal Development Kit'. Also, I seem to get the error that this plugin does not support java 1.4. Is there a updated plugin? or is there a way around this?

Thank you so much!

Baggett

Message was edited by: Baggett Soran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baggett

I also tried putting the plugin in Eclipse 3.0.2. But it does not work. I think i have read somewhere that this plugin only works with Eclipse 2.0.2.

Use only this Eclipse. Eclipse 2.0.2 is also good one.

Regards

Gaurav Gandhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav, thank you for your great and very helpful response! I think I am going to go the SAP NetWeaver Developr Studio route.

I have installed SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio 6.04, EP6.0 and PDK and if possible, I have a few questions that I hope you may answer:

1. How do I incorporate the PDK into the SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio 6.04?

2. Do I have to set up anything on SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio to work with my EP 6.0?

3. Do you know how I can get started developing, deploying iViews, and looking at the PDK examples, any manuals or instructions?

Gaurav, thanks a great deal again for your help!

Baggett

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Baggett

Lots of questions but only one answer. You dont have to do anything after installing NWDS.

NWDS itself contains everything. Juts install it and enable the Perspective's whichevr you want and use it.

All the help and doc is also available in the help.

Just install it. I dont think you will face any problem.

Let me know if u find any problem

Regards

Gaurav Gandhi

PS: Award points if solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav, I looked over my control panel and found I don't have any reward points. But please rest assured, I will contact support how to get points and try to get them to you. I am a new user and had no idea of this reward program initially, but from now on, I am going to write I have no points in my comments. Again, I am sorry for not having any points right now, but please accept this IOU temporarily until I find out how to exactly to get points.

You have definitely given me good help and deserve reward points, and I hope you can still help me. I am sorry again for not having points at this time.

Sincerely,

Baggett

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baggett

Well thanx for your comments.

It is like this:

You dont have to go into your control panel. The question which you have written..just edit it using the Pen symbol. There you will find some checkboxes. Here you can mark your Question as "Question by which you can award points for solved answers".

Actually one thing more, i am seeing that you had initially awared points but now you have also deducted points. But since you are saying you dont know abt points..seems that there is some problem.

Hope now this helps your solution.

Regards

Gaurav Gandhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav, can you please tell me if you have been rewarded?

Also, I am currently trying to create my first iView JSP, if possible can you please take a look at Topic:

'Pls help! Questions on iView manual...'? It is on this current developer area.

Thank you again for your excellent and clear responses,

Baggett

Message was edited by: Baggett Soran

Answers (0)