cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLM Business package for products 50.3 possible with EP7 ?

Johnny_B_
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hell experts,

I try to deploy BP for Products 50.3 (as downloaded from the content portfolio) on our EP 7 - but unsuccessfully. JSPM and SDM do not recognize the downloadad ZIP files as deployable components.

Does anybody know if this BP can be installed on EP 7 ? If not - is there a successor BP ?

thanks for your help,

Johannes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

I don't know the BP, but:

- a ZIP definitely is not a deployable component - but what's inside your ZIP?!

- It should be possible in general, compare

- also see https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7436ba46-0d01-0010-dca3-c03c34be... page 204 (says it is compatible)

Hope it helps

Detlev

Johnny_B_
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Detlev,

thank you for the reply.

the ZIP file contains PAR, TPL and IVU files.

How can I load these into the Portal ? Is there another way instead of using JSPM ? maybe from inside the portal administration ?

best regards,

Johannes

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

First, is there no install guide at all for this BP?!?!

Second, I can't see the structure remotely, but it sounds a bit as if it could be an EPA file (which is normal for BPs). Rename it to EPA and check if importing it (within the portal) via SysAdmin - Transport - Transport Packages - Import works.

Hope it helps

Detlev

PS: Please consider rewarding points for helpful answers on SDN. Thanks in advance!

former_member110461
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It was certainly possible to import them into EP6, so EP7 should work. You probably have to try and import the zip file with system administration -> transport -> import rather than SDM though.

Paul

Johnny_B_
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

it worked with the ZIP import. Thank you!

Johannes

Answers (0)