cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please provide an API to access parsed OData query options for custom CAP event handlers

pieterjanssens
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As far as I can see the $filter query is only received in text value within the request context of the CDS event handler. Consequently, I find myself spending a lot of time manually parsing req._query?.$filter using regex statements in custom event handlers. I would really like to see an API on the request context that provides these options pre-parsed.

Is this on the roadmap or is there a third party library that can do the parsing for us?

david_kunz2
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pieter,

I'm not sure why you want to access the $filter string.
You can have a parsed object in req.query.SELECT.where, or is there something special you want to do with it?

Thanks for clarification and best regards,
David

pieterjanssens
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David,

In the past I have had many issues trying to use the SuccessFactors OData as an external service (I recall unsupported OData options and many errors in the EDMX), so instead I had to implement own logic to retrieve data from the external API. You could wonder why SuccessFactors (BizX + Learning) is still not available as prebuild VDM's in SAP Cloud SDK...

The req.query.SELECT.where could help, so thank you for that.

Best regards,

Pieter

MinhTriLe
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi pieterjanssens, I'm having the same scenario like yours. Do you have any solutions for it? Thanks, Minh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)