Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning with Calculated Dimension

nasser_itani
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dears,

I have created a calculated dimension based on certain logic at the story level.

When adding the dimension to the table I am not able to do editing on the key figures inside the table.

Is there any workaround I can apply to solve the issue?

The calculated dimension is Priority.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

N1kh1l
Active Contributor

nasser_itani

Calculated Dimension is a reporting only feature and created virtually on the fly in stories. You cannot plan data against a calculated dimension. For Planning you need a proper dimension with peristed Master data. If Calculated dimension is a priority I would suggest you to create it as a dimension in the planning Model and handle the logic during data wrangling of that dimension's master data load.

Regards

Nikhil

nasser_itani
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nikhil,

Thanks for your input, but unfortunately the dimension should be changed based on user input of key figures. So it cant be handled during the master data load .

N1kh1l
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

nasser_itani,

You can use two tables one with the actual dimensions which can have the planning and the other with the calculated dimension. The calculated dimension should be configured but not used in the first table. If required you can setup linked analysis between them. Both table structure should remain same with only difference of the calculated dimension.

Nikhil