cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning period variables for irregular planning cycle - opinions wanted!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Planning Gurus!

I would like to have your opinions on the following situation:

Due to their business model the client wants to control the periods that are open for planning "manually".

How do you think this could be executed in a way that would be the easiest to implement and for the client to maintain?

I'm thinking using simply just 2 variables: ZPSTART & ZPEND type 0FISCPER.

Now I need your input on what would be the best way to maintain these variables? The use of default values for the variables is quite clumsy. Maybe utilizing TVARVC -table could be an option?

Any ideas are taken under consideration! Tell me about your experiences and how your clients have reacted to similar situations!

-m-

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miikka,

I would prefer a simple customizing table/characteristic in the customer name space and read the values from there. This could be e.g. using exit variables. One reason for this approach is that you probably more "customizing" settings in your project and you can use this table/characteristic as your central customizing entry point.

And I would use only one variable on fiscal period which returns the list of open periods. In this case you can use the variable directly in your filters.

Regards Matthias

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes that one way to go. Maintain the variable values in TVARVC. and in the user exit read these values and set the variables.

*Sample Code to set variable from TVARVC table.

WHEN 'YourVariable'. "Bex/IP variable

IF I_STEP = 2.

CLEAR E_T_RANGE.

CLEAR L_S_RANGE.

SELECT LOW HIGH SIGN OPTI FROM TVARVC INTO

(L_S_RANGE-LOW, L_S_RANGE-HIGH, L_S_RANGE-SIGN, L_S_RANGE-OPT)

WHERE NAME = 'Variantname' "in TVARVC

AND TYPE = 'S'.

APPEND L_S_RANGE TO E_T_RANGE.

ENDSELECT.

ENDIF.

Maybe you can create a program screen to set all these admin type variants/variables and provide the transaction to a super user.

-SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input!

I will go for the use of TVARVC -table, it seems the logical choice for this situation.

However I still have one predicament related to this matter...

We are using a Fiscal Year Variant which has 12 special periods (24 in total). What do you think would be the best way to exclude these special periods and prevent them from popping-up in the planning layout?

Should different variable entries be used for year and period in the table?

-m-