cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

planning layout limitation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I know there is a limitation that you can only display 9999 records in a layout at a time. But does anyone know work around if you want to display/edit more records than that.

thanx in advance

Message was edited by:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

I don't think you can have more than 9999 lines into the layout.

I've a similar type of requirement.

I tried restricting the number of rows with variables & also I tried excluding characteristics from level that are not needed into the layout. (If not needed, try not to read detailed level of data in BPS)

In one case, as layout is not needed for user to do planning, instead of "reading from layout & edit the records", I created an exit function & edited the records in the exit function (Reading level data from exit function doesn't have any rows limitation).

Hope this information gives some ideas.

Let us provide more details on what you are trying to achive so we can help you more.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont have to modify any data using exit function. The rek is just that user should be able to see/edit characteristic values, which is now exceeding the limit (9999).

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's hard for me to comprehend that one can work efficiently with that much data. Even in full screen Excel with tiny font the user will be scrolling all over the place.

I would be very interested to see a business like description of what the planner is actually doing with >10K lines of data.

If the user really wants all this data, implement the file upload/download how-to paper, open hub, or use a BEx query.

Regards

Marc

SAP NetWeaver RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

just wondering, how users can change CHARACTERISTIC values of a given record from a BPS layout unless you are giving some repost function.

are you sure with your saying "The rek is just that user should be able to see/edit characteristic values".

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was a typo Hari. I wanted to say key figs not characteristic values.

Point noted Marc, but I dont have full requirement at this point in time. I will post it as soon as get full details. Thank you all for reply and time.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am with Marc on this one.

Unless there is a very legitimate reason for it, having that many rows multiply your locking and performance issues. And most of the layout have to scroll right already if you are doing multiple months and if you have scroll right and lots of scroll downs, you can have planners complaining about scrolling..

Sometimes planners want to see everything but they only use a small part of it. get them to change the small part of it and if they need to see everything, run a Bex query...