cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning function and planning sequence of Design studio new features!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Recently I have updated my design studio to 1.3 and happy to see many new updates. Meanwhile i saw some new features add planning function and planning sequence.

As per my understanding, Using this features we can enter data at run time. My query is here

Is it like we are entering data at run time and see the changes in current data(chart series)

Ex: Add discount for product 10% and relevant data(in chart) reduced to 10%

or

Is it like integrated planning? Once we enter data in run time and it saves in BW planning cube?

I am totally confused with this feature.. Can any one help me to get clear understanding on this please !

Regards,

Mathivanan M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

This is to support planning in DesignStudio done in the BW-Integrated Planning. Before version DS1.3 only WAD supported planning features. The long term plan is to get rid of WAD technology and planning is quite important feature which needs to be supported in DesignStudio. Hope this helps.

Lukasz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukasz,

Thanks for your reply. I understood the feature of planning function now. Is integrated planning is possible in HANA instead of BW?  If no, Can I use Data sources from HANA and Integrated planning in BW? Currently my source is from HANA.

Regards

Mathivanan M

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Lucasz and Sebastian. Your replies helped me to get an idea over it. Thank you so much once again!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe these two article can help you:

As i unterstand, it's only possible to write back in BW.

Best Regards 

Sebastian