cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pie chart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i am having two pie charts which has regions and districts in that the second pie is linked to the first pie( by drill down). The Second pie chart has

more than 5 districts in which the districts name are more than 15 letters.So the pie chart size getting shrunk up and become small with that of first pie.

Can we have any other possibility to show with the actual size of pie without any shrinkage??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this,

Duplicate your Pie for Districts. In the Original Districts Pie Disbale the legend and enable the legend in the Duplicate Pie.

Now In duplicate tab, go to Properties > Appearance tabl, set margin at 100 or whatever, till the point it makes the Pie disable and then uncheck 'Show background'

Also in the original chart, uncheck show background but leave margin as it is.

Now super impose only the legend part on the original Pie. this will restrict the growth area avaiable for legend and maintian the Pie chart to original.

Try this, let me know if this helps...thanks.

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujith,

Thanks for u r reply.By using this i can be able to avoid shrunk age,But u see i am

using 2 different pie inside a tab set so even though we duplicate,the size remains the

same..is there any possibility to have an option like mouse over auto zoom?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can build a feature at the top of the drilled pie chart to open up a different canvas component in which the zoomed version of the pie chart is available. You could use Dynamic visibility to show hide the second canvas and pie chart group.

Thanks,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly, thats one way to do it. But in this case i am able to zoom (rather show) bigger image of  complete pie and not a particular section in a zoomed manner..any idea how to do it.

Also, the Pie is visble only when i hover the mouse on a particular section, it should be visible on click of any section. any idea why this is happening?

thanks,

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

yeah its a good Point,But Is there possibility without using any

container component as we click on the first pie the second pie via

drill down will come and if i click on the particular split which has split

in the ratio(91%,3%,0.25%,5.75%), if i click on the 0.25% it should be

auto zooming and needs to be bigger in size....

will it be possible ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Is there possibility without using any 

container component as we click on the first pie the second pie via

drill down will come "  Until this point you don't really need a container...you can place one PIE behind the other and achieve the drill.

"and if i click on the particular split which has split 

in the ratio(91%,3%,0.25%,5.75%),

if i click on the 0.25% it should be 

auto zooming and needs to be bigger in size...."

I was trying this (in BI4.0 FP3 ) yes its possible to show some thing like that..

On the second pie.. i placed data insertion to insert the rows of the same data. Then i populated a pie chart for the resultant insertion(Mouse over insertion simulates zoom in

).

below are the observations

The pie chart inserted in this fashion is only a Big

circle and looks like a zoom. this might or might not be accepted by users as the zoomed value is always a circle(because of one value).

Also the zoomed pie doesn't go away easily when you are done zooming. so you need to put a close button to get out of it.(there is no feature of unclick/un mouse over

)

overall defenitely its a possibillity to implement the zoom simulation. but there are pros and cons. I would be happy if you have any creative ideas on the same.

Thanks,

Karthik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh

1. Where you have defined your legends.

Put the legends at the bottom

2. Else you need to abbriviate your names in order to fix it appropriately.

Regards,

Venkat