cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permission for CM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there possible to assign to somebody permission in a document folder and only create/upload document but not to create a new folder?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both answers are useful for me.

In this case, i can not apply this change because i need to limit only one user and this change is for all the KM.

Thank you very much for you time!!

Kinds regards

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, from the KM ACL permissions point of view, there's no difference between creating a new folder or creating a new regular resource.

Best regards, Julian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria

This is possible in Km. You can remove the 'folder' submenu option form the 'new' command group.You can do this in the sysadmin->sys config->content mgmt->user interface ->commands. Copy the respective command group and Remove the 'folder' command form the group.

Then you can use the KM navigation iview for uploading/Creation of documents.

You can use the Km Upload Iview for uploading the documents to a particular folder. The path has to be set to the folder in the iview properties.

Regards

Geogi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria

You can do this in the sysadmin->sys config->content mgmt->user interface ->commands.Inside the Commands goto UI Command Groups and open the NewResourceGroup.From the Command List in the NewResourceGroup remove 'new_folder' from the list.

Apply the changes and release the lock. Create The km Navigation iview for Creating/Uploading...

This settings will be applied for all folders in the KM.

Regards

Geogi

Former Member
0 Kudos

That may be true, but this only applies to the UI. Every other way to access KM (custom coding, WebDAV, ICE, ...) will <i>not</i> be affected by that.

Best regards, Julian