cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanent BW Excel Template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm looking for a possibility to change the permanent BW Excel Template. Unfortunately I couldn't find a solution yet.

Nevertheless I found the following SAP Note (Number: 143961) where the following is stated:

c) As of Release 2.0, you can choose between two variants. You can determine a <b>permanent template</b> (per BW server) and

you can set your BEx Analyzer to choose any of 3 options: Start with an empty workbook when embeding a query;

interactively select a template whenever you embed a query; or always embed into the server's permanent template.

I would like to set a new permanent template on the BW server. Unfortunately I don't have a clue what's the name of server's permanent template and where to find. Every Idea is appreciated.

Thanks,

Volker

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There's a table that stores user id and default workbook (rsrwbtemplate). The following program allows you to enter a workbook GUID and it assigns this default workbook to all users.

&----

*& Report Z_SET_BEX_USER_TEMPLATE *

*& *

&----

*& Program to update all user's default template *

*& *

&----

REPORT Z_SET_BEX_USER_TEMPLATE.

parameter wbid like rsrwbindex-workbookid.

tables: rsrwbtemplate, usr01.

select * from usr01.

rsrwbtemplate-templateuser = usr01-bname.

rsrwbtemplate-workbookid = wbid.

update rsrwbtemplate.

if sy-subrc <> 0. insert rsrwbtemplate. endif.

endselect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to set a permanent for Excel Download from web? i.e when I use the Web API CMD=EXPORT FORMAT=XLS can I specify which BEX Workbook template should be used for this download?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kind of. You can use the paper Tobias Kaufmann put together to specify your template format using XML commands wihtin the web template. This solution allows you to customize the output to Excel. This paper is on SDN.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot! It works fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your answers. Maybe I need to explain the purpose a little closer. I have created a RRI for two queries. For the fist one I created a WB, but the RRI only works with Queries. Therefore when performing the jump, the second query always is opened with the default template. In order to have the same layout I need to change the default template which is activated for all users of the BW system.

Most of your answers change the template just for one user or focus on web reporting. In the table "rsrwbtemplate" I don't find all BW users, yet. Is it correct that I have to add all users to this table and assign them the same Workbook? Or is there a better solution to keep my layout during a RRI-Jump within Excel?

Best regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will have to assign the workbook template you want to use to all the users in the system. This can be done using the program which Prakash had posted here.

&---------------------------------------------------------------------*
*& Report Z_SET_BEX_USER_TEMPLATE *
*& *
*&---------------------------------------------------------------------*
*& Program to update all user's default template *
*& *
*&---------------------------------------------------------------------*

REPORT Z_SET_BEX_USER_TEMPLATE.
parameter wbid like rsrwbindex-workbookid.
tables: rsrwbtemplate, usr01.
select * from usr01.
rsrwbtemplate-templateuser = usr01-bname.
rsrwbtemplate-workbookid = wbid.
update rsrwbtemplate.
if sy-subrc <> 0. insert rsrwbtemplate. endif.
endselect.

If you are using BW web reports, you have the option to jump from a Query to Query or web template.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

I am new to BW. I also recently implemented the master template stuff. I didn't touch the generic template, instead I created my own template and use it for master. What I did was, specify info cube and query on URL link and add your master template id at the end.

Example:

/sap/bw/BEx?sap-language=ENbsplanguage=%20&cmd=ldoc&INFOCUBE=0COOM_C02&QUERY=DV_PROJECT_REPORT_ORDER_AG&TEMPLATE_ID=R_AND_D_MSTR

Our system is lower than 3.5. I think if you have 3.5, then the template in template function would be nice.

Kev

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

You need to create a workbook template (you can apply your custom formatting to this workbook in terms of colors and fonts etc). Then you need to save this workbook on the BW server. Then you can set it as the permanent workbook template in the BEx toolbar. For details on how to do this, please refer to the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/33/746e393cf65c1ae10000000a114084/content.htm

Hope this helps...