cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance - Parallel Queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

For query performance reason ,I know we can execute query in sequential and parallel.But i want to increase the number of work processes for the query execution,how to increase that?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In table RSADMIN, Parameter QUERY_MAX_WP_DIAG .

The maximum value can be changed to a value between 1 and 100 in the QUERY_MAX_WP_DIAG entry in table RSADMIN.

<b>Rationale -</b>

The actual degree to which queries are executed in parallel depends on the load on the system at any given time and lies between 1 (sequential processing) and the maximum value. If the number of sub-queries is greater than the maximum level of parallelism, all existing sub-queries are divided between the work processes determined by the degree of parallelism.

The results of all sub-queries are collected at a synchronization point and collated to form an overall result.

In sequential processing, the sub-queries are processed one after another. The interim result is immediately passed on to the analytic engine.

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Performance Tip -</b>

In Release SAP NetWeaver 2004s, the system can efficiently manage the large intermediate results produced by parallel processing. In previous releases, the system terminated when it reached a particular intermediate result size and proceeded to read data sequentially. This is no longer the case. Therefore, the RSADMIN parameter (MPRO_MAX_RESULT ) that was used in previous releases for reading a MultiProvider sequentially is no longer used.

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chetan you are awesome,that was great.thanks

I seen some of the performance regarding topics on this forum ,how abt writing abook <b> Tips & Tricks by CP :-)</b>

thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am glad that worked.

Thanks and Good luck.

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fyip ..

Aforementioned setting is Global ;however if you want particular infocubes query to be executed in Parallel or Sequential ,you can still do it in the RSADMIN table individually.

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

That's interesting, but I am still not clear to what extend query is parallelized. Is is only read data from DB/BIA <b>-or-</b> as well process sub-queries in OLAP Engine. So the question is really when <i>a synchronization point</i> occurs?

Thanks

-Vitaliy

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

For individual queries, is it in the table RSADMIN or in tx RSRT?

Thanks

Vitaliy

Former Member
0 Kudos
Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Yes, I know this link, and it says in some points "parallel query execution" (which to me means OLAP time included) and in other points it says "parallel read operation" (so DB only).

That's why asked you, what is your understanding of the extend of parallelism.

Thanks

Vitaliy

Answers (0)