cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Optimizing with limitation file transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

after installation an SAP NetWeaver Portal v6, I have worked on page compression to have a better performance during loading the welcome (home) page. With HTTP Watch tool, I can see that more than 60 files has been transported from server to client over network until the home page is loaded. Is there a way to limit the count of these files (same as file transfer by loading home page of SDN -> only near to 20 files!)?

Thanks for info and help.

Regards,

Cengiz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, sorry. I cancel my second request, because it is not logically to have a way to make that (how we should know which files are in use and which not) :-).

Thanks,

Cengiz

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you say, it is quite difficult to trace, and SCN has done quite major modifications to the SAP NetWeaver Portal standard

PS if you mean the question is solved, please mark it so (solved problem)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks for help. But additionally, I am looking for a solution how I can limit the count of files which will be transported when the welcome page (main page) will be loaded after login. With files, I mean JavaScript, CSS and some GIF's. With a HTTPWatch-Tool, I can see the count of transported files when I open a page here by SDN (Request <--> Response). In case of comparing our Portal and the SDN page, there is a different regarding the file count.

Regards,

Cengiz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

By using light framework page you can reduce the footprint, see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/87/6d57c6fe824f3bbbcae725f4729bee/frameset.htm

Note that there are some restrictions.

Dagfinn