cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance of Outerjoin in Composite Provider

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In my composite provider I have Left outer joined 2 DSO with each around 6 million records. And when I call the composite provider in Analysis for Office the performance is very slow. The 2 DSO have n:m relationship.

Is there any general limit on the number of records and type of joins? ( ofcourse the performance also depends on the size and CPU of HANA DB)

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards, Vitali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I checked the composite provider and up on activation I get following message, is it because the join cannot be pushed down to HANA DB?

Diagnosis

The InfoProvider contains nested ambiguous joins that cannot be completely resolved in queries without the analytic engine (OLAP).

This situation occurs if an InfoProvider in linked in multiple directions, and the join fields for the several joins are not identical.

System Response

The InfoProvider can still be activated and used however. Where queries are made without the analytic engine (using list cubes, or the external data manager interface RSDRI for example) ambiguities can occur, despite the local aggregation.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using any nav. attributes? try to see SQL traces.

Which version of NW and Hana?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I do have nav. attribute and 7.4 SP11 , HANA Rev 97.. I will check the SQL trace..