cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance issue with navigation->goto_page

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a BSP application with 2 pages.I am using navigation->goto_page to pass control between the two pages. The performance of navigating from 2nd page to 1st one is especially bad. Any suggestions on how to improve it? In some SAP BSPs I have seen an 'exit' command after the navigation->goto_page - does this help with the performance?

Thanks

Mani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>onInputProcessing for two pages</b>

DATA: event TYPE REF TO if_htmlb_data.

event = cl_htmlb_manager=>get_event_ex( request ).

IF event IS NOT INITIAL AND event->event_name = 'button'.

navigation->goto_page( event->event_server_name ).

ENDIF.

-

page1.htm

-

<%@page language="abap" otrTrim="true"%>

<%@extension name="htmlb" prefix="htmlb"%>

<htmlb:content design="design2003">

<htmlb:page>

<htmlb:form>

<htmlb:button text = "next"

design = "NEXT"

onClick = "page2.htm" />

</htmlb:form>

</htmlb:page>

</htmlb:content>

-

page 2

-

<%@page language="abap" otrTrim="true"%>

<%@extension name="htmlb" prefix="htmlb"%>

<htmlb:content design="design2003">

<htmlb:page>

<htmlb:form>

<htmlb:button text = "Page 1"

design = "PREVIOUS"

onClick = "page1.htm" />

</htmlb:form>

</htmlb:page>

</htmlb:content>

-

above will work fine.

another way :

you can define a global variable in your application class and subsquently change its value according to your requirement as the name of the page

and whenever you want to move to some page. jaust assign on onclick event of the button:

navigation->goto_page(global_variable);

where global variable is the variable you have defined.

hope this works for you.

if not reply

regards,

Hemendra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandipa,

Are you returning some data from second page to first page?Is the method GET or POST?

What is the scenario?

Please give details.

Regards,

Siddhartha

0 Kudos

The second page does not return any data,it is a simple goto page.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You haven't really told us anything about the application. I would be really suprised if it is the navigation itself that is causing the runtime. It seems more likely that this some application coding that is taking place in the page initialization.

In BSP you can use the traditional ABAP tools like SQL Trace and Runtime Analysis. These tools might help narrow down where the problem is. You also might set a break-point in the intialiation of the page and set through it looking for something out of the ordinary.

0 Kudos

The initialization of the first page does retrieve lot of data.The performance is okay in our dev environment which is on WAS 6.40 Kernel ,the performance is an issue in our QA which is on WAS 6.20. I was suspecting if it was a version problem though didn't find any OSS notes.

0 Kudos

The performnace issue is indeed in the initialization processing and not with navigation. I will try to improve the performance of the ABAP code in the event.

Former Member
0 Kudos

mandipa,

The performance is low because of the data retrieval in your onInitialization event and has nothing to do with the WAS version or navigation .

If Possible,you can retrieve some data in your onCreate event which is called once instead of retriveing the data in onInitialization.

Also,do try to improve the select statements involved .

Maxmilaan has already mentioned how you can identify the bottle-necks.

Regards,

Siddhartha