cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDK Installation on EP SP9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I instal PDK on EP6 SP9 using SDM the installation goes through successfully. But, when I login to the Portal using the initial screen the second screen that is displayed is just a blank screen with no errors.

Can someone let me know as to what the problem could be and what is the reason/fix for this kind of behaviour.

Looking forward to all your help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Divya Rao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have also installed the Portal and i too faced the same problem.I was able to solve by upgrading the IE from 5.0 to 6.0.

Check the version of InternetExplorer you are using.I think it's 5.0.You need to upgrade 6.0 and try again.

BestOfLuck,

Varma.

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

did you install PDK for SP9 or PDK for SP6 plus PDKPatch for SP9? It is known that installing PDK for SP9 directly does not behave brave, so if you did this, I would advise to remove all content and take the second way.

Hope it helps

Detlev

PS: If it helps, please consider awarding points for the reply. Thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

Can u please provide me with more details as to where exactly I can download PDK for SP6 and the PDK Patch for SP9. I have installed BP PDK EP6.0 -> BP PDK EP6.0 60.6 and if I login to the portal after the installation it throws up a blank screen.

It will be great if you could provide with more details on the second approach suggested by you.

Thanks for all your help.

Best regards,

Divya

daniel_davinci
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

Try remove the role "com.sap.pct.pdk.JavaDeveloper" from the administrator account.

This solution is found posted in the following thread.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Daniel

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel & Divya,

if removing the PDK role from an administrators account would help, then Divya would have installed PDK for SP6 solely (probably). Or PDK for SP9, if the problems which exist with it are the same (I don't know in detail). So in the end, if it's not the IE which is producing the problem (see other post), the aim stays the same as mentioned in my first post, use PDK for SP6 + PDK Patch for SP9.

Now to your question, Divya, where to get it: Just here on SDN from the download section. The direct links are:

PDK for SP6: ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/sdn/devkits/PDK/6.0.6.0_PDK_BP.zip

PDK Patch for SP9: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/business_packages/a1-8-4/p...

For removing once installed business packages, see

Hope it helps

Detlev

Oliver5
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes this unfortenately due to an incompatible change in navigationconnector from SP6 to SP9.

So dont use SP6 for Sp9 portal.

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to install pdk on EP6- SP9, the machine which hosts the portal server is unix machine.

Can somebody tell me that which version of pdk I should install. Also from where I can get the installable for the same. I need it for unix machine.

I tried to download pdk according to Detlev, but zip file is not opening.

Thanks in advance.

Manish