cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Security in Webi Publicaiton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using boxir3.1 version of Business Objects. We have a requirement to ensure security of PDF, generated through publication. We created reports in webi and publish to users email.

We have to ensure security features like password protection, disable print etc.

Is this possible in webi publication. I know in crystal publication password protection feature is there.

Why this feature is not there in webi? Can i exted this feature to webi publication?

What about the disabling the print option.

Please comment on these questions

Regards

Baby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This functionality is currently not supported by SAP Business Objects 3.1, however you can apply security after the pdf is generated. In BO 4.0 this functionality exists. Password protection can also be done from the Adboe side. Kindly refer SAP note 1302401 to verify the same.

You can also try to secure the pdf-instances of report scheduling in BO trough deactivating the PDF-SecurityOption "PdfWriter.AllowCopy"

publication extensions should offer this possibility to secure pdf-files by scheduling. Unfortunately only for Crystal Reports files. But we need it for Web Intelligence docs ..

SAP also offers an SDK sample for this purpose ..

[SAP Sample Code: Java Enterprise BE12 Create-Publication CR-PDF |www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/index?rid=/library/uuid/9074bb6f-3857-2c10-bcab-be13735881d4]

the interesting part of this sample is the following ..

mergeOption.securityOption = new SecurityOption(PDF_USER_PASSWORD, PDF_OWNER_PASSWORD, PdfWriter.AllowCopy| PdfWriter.AllowPrinting | PdfWriter.AllowScreenReaders)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think webi has extendeed features for PDF. If you want to do data level security then you may try Profile Values for different set of Users. Let me know if you need more info on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thankyou for your answer

But my requirement is different. While publishing Crystal Report as PDF we can set password to pdf file. I need the same functionality for my webi publication.

By default this feature is not there in webi. Can i do this through sdk development(publicaion extention)

Regards

Baby