cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Multiparts/byteranges issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have issues downloading large PDF files (greater than ~ 1 mb) that I publish in the Portal. I can 'save' the PDF to my local computer, but when I choose open, it seems that the PDF file is downloaded in multiple parts (the first mime type is application/pdf, the second one is multiparts/byteranges). How do I change the KM configuration (irj/go/km) to disable the option to download PDF in multiple parts?

Thanks,

Johannes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the solution myself. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi All,

>

> I have issues downloading large PDF files (greater than ~ 1 mb) that I publish in the Portal. I can 'save' the PDF to my local computer, but when I choose open, it seems that the PDF file is downloaded in multiple parts (the first mime type is application/pdf, the second one is multiparts/byteranges). How do I change the KM configuration (irj/go/km) to disable the option to download PDF in multiple parts?

>

> Thanks,

> Johannes

I think the first step would be to clarify how you're doing the downloading, and potentially provide network traces.

Best regards, Julian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just click on the PDF link which is published using web page composer, and the PDF does not open. When I use Save Target As... it downloads succesfully.

I think what happen is that, the large PDF file is divided into parts when downloaded. I trace it and the first part seems to be having application/pdf mime type, the second one is multipart/byteranges. I suspect that when the first part with application/pdf is downloaded, the pdf program tries to open that first part which fail because only one part of two was downloaded.

The first part downloaded has this header:

(Status-Line) HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Accept-Ranges bytes

Cache-Control private

Content-Length 2006283

Content-Type application/pdf

Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 19:27:55 GMT

ETag "721554511348"

Last-Modified Thu, 22 May 2008 18:53:50 GMT

Server SAP J2EE Engine/7.00

The second on is:

(Status-Line) HTTP/1.1 200 OK