cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Release Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We are working on Payment Release workflow in AR module.

Once the invoice is posted, workflow is able to block the payment, but not sending mails to the agent for approval.

For testing, i have entered a dummy userid as the agent and checking for the mails.

How can we debug or monitor to check why the agent is not getting mails in SBWP.

Pls suggest how to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance,

Shyam.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SP,

check the task that sends the user for approval, if its agent assignment maintenance is set to "General task".

Hope it helps.

Aditya

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello,

First, check the workflow log for any problems.

If all looks well there, check SOSt and see if you can find the mail there.

How do you send the mail? SendMail step?

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually we did configuration for the payment release approval and we assigned the workflow in the configuration.

So the workflow will be executed in the backend process..could you please let me know how we can check workflow log

for a backend process.

We are trying to send mail as workitem to the user.

Thanks,

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You need to check Swi1 for logs. Mail can not be sent as Work item. Work item and mail are 2 different things.Check Workflow in SWDD. Is there any mail step in workflow.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You need to check Swi1 for logs. Mail can not be sent as Work item. Work item and mail are 2 different things.Check Workflow in SWDD. Is there any mail step in workflow?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, i have already checked workflow in SWDD and there is not mail step inserted there.

It is sent as work item, and the agent is assigned as user in the Task step.

Thanks,

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You are assigning user to a task step. Have you defined that task as general task?

Regards

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Okay, let me correct that for you:

"We are working on Payment Release workflow in AR module.

Once the invoice is posted, workflow is able to block the payment, but not sending WORKITEMS to the agent for approval.

For testing, i have entered a dummy userid as the agent and checking for the WORKITEMS.

How can we debug or monitor to check why the agent is not getting WORKITEMS in SBWP.

Pls suggest how to solve the problem."

Have you looked in SWI5 to see if it is listed for the user there? Check that there are no excluded agents.

The solution is likely that you haven't set the task to General Task, as already suggested.

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

I have already set the task as General and even created the event linkage in SWE2.

But just checked the Tcode 'SWEL' and found out the following error.

Its a BSEG object type, with event 'CREATED'. Here event has triggered but has shown the error as

"Workflow definition of task 'WS00400012' cannot be activated".

Actually its a standard Workflow. So could anybody suggest to solve the above error.

Thanks in advance,

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

At the header level did you defined workflow as general. go to -->agent assignment. and in attribute defined it s general

Regards.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no need to set a workflow to General task if it is being triggered by an event.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

""Workflow definition of task 'WS00400012' cannot be activated"."

Is it the same on the Test system? Try activating it.

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

Yes..actually the functional people have imported the workflow from some other client and its not activated their properly.

Hence the problem.

Solved the problem by activating it from the development client and importing again. Thanks.