cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Path for Common JAR files in EP6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have migrated contents from EP5 to EP6 SR1 portal. The EP5 components used to use some common JAR files which were stored at a location as below:

SAP_J2EEngine6.20\alone\services\servlet_jsp\work\jspTemp\irj\root\WEB-INF\plugins\portal\services\usermanagement\lib

My question is now in EP6 where should I put all these JARs so that each of my custom components can access them? I know if some specific jars are required by one component then I can put that in WEB-INF\lib folder of the PAR file itself. But these are common JAR files which require to be stored in some common location so that each component can access them.

Thanks for your help...

Regards,

Shubhadip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubhadip,

You can put it under

usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\WEB-INF\portal\lib

Regards

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prakash,

I have copied the JAR files in the path you mentioned. But the components are not being able to get it. Getting ClassNotFoundException for a class which is inside one of the JAR files.

Any settings required to be done? Or any other path?

Regards,

Shubhadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya shughadip,

You have to create a home varablie in the NWDS and extend it for each of the jar files in the particular folder.

Right click on the project name and go to the properties>>Java buid path>>libraries..

Create a varaible for usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\WEB-INF as Portal_Home.

Put the files in the folder

usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\WEB-INF\portal\lib

Then for each jar extend the variable u created to the jar file needed and import the jars.

Once u have added the jar file go to the order and export tab and select the check box for the new jar imported and press ok..

Hope this Helps

gEorgE

Do award points for helpful answers

Message was edited by: George Jacob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I was copying in a wrong path. Its working if I copy the JAR Files in path usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\WEB-INF\portal\lib .

Thanks Prakash, thanks Geroge

Shubhadip

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Cau u plz send common.jar to mallepaddi2000@yahoo.com.

Any kind of help will be awarded with points.

Thanks