cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing portal user to URL iView...in EP6 SP2...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did a search. Found this...

Re: How to pass the current Portal user to PHP-App?

Posted: Jun 17, 2004 5:39 AM

Try this

1) iView: new from portal Archive

2) component: com.sap.appintegrator.sap

3) component: generic

4) edit the properties and include the full url (http://your.server.com/index.php?username=<User.UserID>) in the section "URLTemplate" )

Re: How to pass the current Portal user to PHP-App?

Posted: Jun 17, 2004 8:55 AM Reply E-mail this post

Hi,

I´ve tried out your solution because I need that in a similar way. And: it really works!

What I want to know is...

1. Can you not just use a plain URL-template created iView. I tried, and it just posts the literal "=<User.UserID>" in the url.

2. If you use the appintegrator component, what OTHER properties do you need to fill out. My iview is asking for things like app id, sso template, etc.

Help please?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a PHP based application that we want to create as an iView. Is it possible to have EP6 handle the user / client logins, pass this data to the PHP iView application which in turn talks to SAP R/3 using saprfc?

Thanks in advance for your help, new to the SDN forum and keen to get started!

Dan

oliver_nocon
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

you need to use the Generic component of the application integrator because only with the application integrator you get the functionality with template parsing.

It is sufficient if you fill out the UrlTemplate section.

Regarding this issue you find a good document here:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sapportals.km.docs/documents/a1-8-4/the application integrator in ep 6.0

Best regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oliver,

Yes, I have looked over the App Integrator document before, but it is a little over my head at the moment. I will try to keep learning.

When I only filled out the URLTemplate property, the iview failed with an error screen that showed allthe properties. Some property names were red-colored. I assume that means theportal wants me to fill out those properties as well. Two of those were the app parms and app id. I placed my parm string into the app parms property, and gave it an id name in the app id property field. But there were others.

I will give more information when I get to work.

Thanks

oliver_nocon
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

could it be that you have the debug property switched to true?

The properties you mention are definitely not required.

Best regards,

Oliver

former_member382949
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

I have the same problem than you.

Could you find a solution yet?

Thanks

Rainer

oliver_nocon
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the error you are getting on top of the screen. I guess you see an exception there ...

I just played with your URL and it works:

You only need to set the property Url Template: http://your.server.com/index.php?username=<User.UserID>;

Leave system empty.

If you preview this screen and look at the generated url you will see the actual user instead of <User.UserID>

best regards,

Oliver

former_member382949
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

I got a NullPointerException with parameter dump but could not get any usable information out of it.

I tried to create an Application Integrator IView again and it works. So I found my problem in the first try, I wrote <User.UserId> instead of <User.UserID>.

Sorry, and thank you for your help.

Best Regards,

Rainer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have an additional question regarding the appintegrator iview: Is it in some way possible to post the variables from the appintegrator iview to the target script (e.g. php) as it is possible with an url iview?

best regards

Dirk