cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing Parameters via OpenDocument URL to OLAP Analysis .amw

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

did anyone ever manage to successfully create an OpenDocument URL which passes parameters to an existing analysis workspace .amw?

We already linked to other .crp and BEx reports, but maybe .amw needs some special syntax..

I appreciate every hint

Thanks

CR Enterprise 4.0 SP2 in usage

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can confirm: The situation for A-OLAP is the same as it was for Voyager.

Analysis, like voyager, supports outbound opendoc params (ie pass context to WebI/CR) but not inbound params. The only exception is that you can specify which Voyager workspace to open.

Voyager/analysis supports SAP connection parameters on opendoc, but this is a manual selection in prompts. You cannot programmatically set connection variables.

Today we also support "Jumplinks"... a feature in both Voyager and A-OLAP that allows contextual information to be passed to a pre-defined Crystal Report.

For BI4.1 (end 2012) SAP plans to make A-OLAP more open. This includes supporting SAP's Report-Report-Interface (RRI) and extending the OpenDocument parameters beyond just the workspace name that is supported today.

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply -

I agree, it still seems impossible.

I will close the question -

voting on idea place https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/ideas/8041

and waiting for 4.1 appears to be the answer ^^

Best regards

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply

I'm actually investigating this issue myself for the first time, so I'll keep you updated with my findings.

It seems this was not possible in previous releases (XI3.1 Voyager), see answers here from product manager: http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1344052

How far did you get yourself?

regards,

H