cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing internal table to new window opened through javascript

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement where after populating the internal table in the oninputprocessing event handler of a page,

I need to come back to the page and then open a pop up window and display the contents of the internal table.

I can do this without the pop up window, using navigation->set paramter and navigation->goto_page, but the new page will launch in the same browser window.

I need to be able to do this in a new browser window. Any idea how to pass the internal table to the new window?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Welcome to SDN

you need to store your itab into server side cookie and read it from your pop up window.

for code sample of how to set and get server side cookies refer to the following thread

search the forum with key word "cl_bsp_server_side_cookie" for more samples

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Raja...this worked...

Actually, though, I am aware of cookie concept, it never striked me that this can be used....

Thanks again!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

with MVC you use javascript open.window 'main2.do,..,..' controller is main2 inherit from a main controller.

in case of open a pop-up window you write your data in the memory with export from xyz to zxy into memory id 12, then open pop-up with main2 controller and in this controller you import from memory with import to yxz from zxy from memory id 123. hope that helps

daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Daniel! However, am not using MVC...and so not using this approach....

Am yet to familiarize myself with MVC since it looks a bit confusing and complicated....

anyway...thanks for ur response....

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello jayanthi,

the first look is not a bit confusing, it is confusing! but look at the little bookstore example in help.sap.com and the wonderful weblogs here. that helps me...

best wishes

daniel