cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing currentlylogged in userid to RFC from Visual Composer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN's

I have a scenario like i want to pass the currently logged in userid as a input to RFC from Visual Composer,i know that, with the user data connector we can have the parameters like user id and others! but i don't know how to link these parameters to RFC input parameters. can u pls explain!

Regards,

Sireesha.B

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you have already added the user data component to the iview. You also have assigned a start point or an input form to the input port of your RFC. Then double click on the line between the input form or start point and the RFC. Now you see the input values of your RFC in the right panel. Click on "Enter formula" and there you will find the user data.

Regards

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe ,

I have tried your approach,it is not taking the userid input.

Suppose if i want to see what is the value of userid it is passing to the input how do i monitor that. Like is there anyway to place a temporary variable to see the output of Userdata connector on runtime.

Pls suggest me.

Regards,

Sireesha.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

User data Connector contains a fileid called "Uniqueid" which cantains the userid.

But the thing is that it contains a string eg.,"User.Private_datasource.un:userid".

Now you want only to pass "userid" to the RFC.

So now what you can do is connect the User data Connector to a Input form.In the input port of the input form create a field with control as Expression box.

Now go to the controll propertise.In the Expression field enter the formula

MID(@UNIQUEID,27,LEN(@UNIQUEID)-27).

Now you will get the userid and you can pass it to the RFC.

Regards,

Paresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

Thanks for ur help. i am trying to execute the procedure given by you but still it is not giving the output.

Here is my scenario little more clear!

I have a RFC which will take input as a Userid and Date and returns a table of fields.

In my portal there is an user who will access this iview from portal. whenever he opens the iview in his portal, by default the currently portal logged in userid has to be moved as a input to the RFC above and the date will be entered by the user.

I have created an input form from the input port of RFC , and placed an userdata connector on the iview. removed the userid field in the input form and connected the userdataconnector to the in port of input form.

in the submit link i have configured the elements as userid: choose the formula and entered the formula given by you and also tried by placing the filed on the input form with the form and passed the created field as input to the RFC.

Please correct me if there is an mistake.

this i was trying from last week.

Thanks for the all who has replied still i am not able to solve my problem.

Any inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

sireesha.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

My problem got solved with the input given by you thanks a lot.

Regards,

sireesha.B

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to select the transition from a form (which fires the action), there you can pass the user ID via formula to the RFC. I'm quite sure that you use the user-mapping, then the backendsystem with the RFC also get the information, which user is logged in. So you can choose if you pass the user id via input parameter or if you get the user id in the RFC.

Hope that helps,

Best Regards,

Marcel