cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing case-sensitive data to BAPI call

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all!

We have encountered a BAPI that requires parameters to be passed in a case sensitive way - otherwise it fails.

So, if we are passing a string "AAAaaa", it should be passed in exactly this way to the BAPI.

ABAP manual says that all data passed to the call is put in upper case (so above example looks like "AAAAAA"). There is a workaround in ABAP itself, and also an option on SAP GUI "Test Function" screen (reads "Upper/lower case").

<b>Question:</b> How do we reproduce this feature when calling a proxy generated by SAP .NET Connector?

Thank you in advance.

Anton Maslo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you pass an "AAaaa" to a parameter of a BAPI that is what will be passed into SAP, I know this to be a fact I have a few applications that need to pass mixed case text into the system and I have never had any issues. It sounds like you are talking about some of the conversion routines that is done in standard SAP, the example you discussed about SE37 in a good example. Just because it converts the data to the correct format in SE37 doesn't mean it will function that way when you call it using the .Net connector.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Todd,

If You run BAPI explorer in SAP, find object ObjectClassification, method GetKeyOfObject. Try to test it.

The Import parameter Object name is case sensitive. To presereve cases checkbox 'Upper/lower case' should be checked (it seems to be part of SAP GUI interface), otherwise the parameter value is automatically converted into upper case. The same situation is when You call this BAPI through DCOM or .NET connector.

The problem is we need to know how to force DCOM and .NET connector to preserve cases when passing this parameter.

Anton Maslo

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you can work around it using ABAP, I would just write a wrapper RFC function for the BAPI and call the BAPI inside of the RFC. So you could create a Z* or Y* rfc enabled function Z_BAPI_OBJCL_GET_KEY_OF_OBJECT, do your conversion within this call and then call the function BAPI_OBJCL_GET_KEY_OF_OBJECT inside of this function.