cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass prompt values in a Webservice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there, my requirement is to get 'Input Values' from a Combo Box(Dropdown) and pass those values into the webservice and get the output.

Here are the steps so far:

1) Created a WebI Report(using WebI Rich Client). The report has a prompt called 'State'

2) Published the report block as a web-service and copied the WSDL URL.

3) Created a Combo-box(Dropdown) in Xcelsius and put 'State' values to output to a cell 'A1'

4) Created a web-service connection in Xcelsius Data Manager, and used my WSDL URL. I am able to see that it has detected a prompt in my webservice in the Inputs area. There are two methods called:

valueofPrompt
  and
  Index

I am mapping the 'ValueofPrompt' to the same cell as the Combo-box output cell 'A1'

5) Clicked preview and when i picked any state say 'Alabama' and hit refresh, i see that i get values for all states, not just Alabama. So looks like my dropdown value is not being passed to the webservice.

Am i missing something? Any ideas where it might go wrong?

Thanks,

Kon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure that the webi report is refreshing AND you're refreshing the connection? Try putting FALSE or 0 in the option 'GetLatestInstance' and TRUE in the refresh option.

Try putting a loading status into a cell in the dashboard and mapping a spreadsheet component to this cell, so you can see what's going on. By seeing how long the connection is taking to load, you might be able to get an idea of whether or not the webi report is being refreshed.

Lastly, have you considered fetching all states in the Webi report and instead using a filter to pick an individual state. This will be much faster.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help. I completely missed it.

Thanks,

Kon

Answers (0)