cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter Prompting Dialog

Former Member
0 Kudos

<p>Is it possible to instantiate and display the Parameter PromptingDialog from .Net code. If yes then how to do it.</p><p>Regards Sreeni</p>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Weird, but I just responded to this but it didn't save my response!

Anyways, the quick response was that the parameter prompt dialogs are intended to be used internally by the viewer. If you want to prompt the user for params without having to use the viewer, you can create your own prompt page and use the SDK to set the values for the parameters.

-MJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been attempting to make my own parameter prompt window in C#.Net 2005, and been somewhat successful. However I have not been able to determine how to tell which parameter on the main report uses a stored procedure and which stored procedure it uses to display its values for the user to select from. I have searched the CrystalDecisions objects but have not been able to find my answer.

Adam_Stone
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Only real way to find which parameters are based off Stored procedures is that the name will start with the @ symbol. As long as you don't use this in your own naming, you can parse the name for this

Answers (0)