cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parameter dialog

Former Member
0 Kudos

im working on a vb.net app in VS.net2005 with crystal reports XI. i would like to disable the parameter dialog if at all possible? if not i would like to be able to get the parameter dynamic values added in the report to show in the dialog..?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The supported version of crystal reports supported with VS 2005 are

1. CR for VS 2005 i.e bundled version (CR 10.2)

2.CR Xi R2 (CR 11.5)

3.CR 2008 (CR 12)

CR XI (CR 11) is not supported with vs 2005.

You set the parameter values for the report throgh code so that it will not prompt you for entering the parameters.

You can get the samples for setting the parameter thorugh code [here|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/samples].

Thanks,

Prasad Kanchan

Former Member
0 Kudos

i cant hard code the parameters because the program needs to be able to load various reports from different locations. the locations differ each time. i can pass some parameters to the app from the console but some reports arent called that way.

ive got crystal reports XI service pack 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As it is mentioned in the last reply - CR XI (CR 11) is not supported with vs 2005.

Sincerely,

Amit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the runtime versions included in the project ? are they of 11.0 ( CR XI ) / 10.2 (CR Bundled) / 11.5 (CR XI R2) ? Also check in the Help->About of the Visual Studio if you find an entry for Crystal Reports XI R2. If not, as mentioned earlier XI would not be integrated in the Visual Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx for the help, ill install XI R2 and try again