cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel processing with BI Accelerator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I would like to know whether BI Accelerator supports parallel processing of a BEx-query based on Multi-provider?

We run BW 7.2 + BI Accelerator. We have a query based on multi-provider which includes 3 basic cubes. BIA index is built for these cubes. When I execute the query and analyse statistics I see that sub-queries on basic providers do not run in parallel. No special settings to disable parallel processing are made. When I switch off the usage of BIA in RSRT, the sub-quries are processed in parallel. When I switch it on back, no parallel processing performed.

Any experience, hints, references on this topic?

Regards,

Ilya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the system might use the clustered MultiProvider access, i.e. the BWA itself is splitting the query. It is explained in http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70950003-f7ef-2d10-b1bc-ee483800b....

You can switch it off for individual queries in RSRT:
Enter a query in RSRT, click "Query Properties" and then for
"Operations in BWA" select mode 2 ("Individual access...").

The clustered access should be better, however.

Best regards,
Ralf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

thank you for information and the link. This really explains that parallel (clustered) processing will be supported with BW 7.3 / BIA 7.2.

Unfortunately now we are running BW 7.2 / BIA 7.0 and the described options are not available. The question is if parallel processing is possible with current configuration.

Regads,
Ilya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ilya,

sorry, I assumed that you are using 7.30 because you have already BWA 7.2
With Netweaver 7.0x the clustered Multiprovider access does not work so you should in fact see a parallel query execution. The BWA itself might limit the number of parallel RFC connections (it is set in TREXAdmin.sh, tab connectivity), but I would expect severe performance problems in this case, not only for the query you are testing.

Best regards,
Ralf

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Is this happening to only one query or all? If all check the rsadmin table for the parameter called something like query*max*dialog. I also noticed happening sometimes when you have a non-cumulative keyfigures.

Cheers

Tansu

former_member182277
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please refer

http://www.mycareer.gr/Files/BIA%20-%20SAP%20Product%20Overview.pdf

It might helpful for you.

regards,Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos