Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paragraph format new

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i want to create a new paragraph format in the form what it the process

and do we need to do anything for that in the calling program?

regards

Arora

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open your form in Change mode in transaction SE71 and click on the Paragraph formats button in the toolbar. Go to menu Edit -> Create Element and enter the name for the paragraph format and a description. Enter the margin, font and tab spacing as desired.

You need not make any changes in the driver program for creating a paragraph format.

Please mark points and close the thread if the solution was useful.

Regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi manoj

can u give one more info whether for diffrence pages we need to create diference paragraph formats?

can paragraph format can have effect on printing or any size limit is there that it can be used for such number of display of characters or lines?

regards

Arora

Former Member
0 Kudos

You dont need to create paragraph formats for different pages. You can use the same paragraph format for all the pages if you wish to.

And of course, paragraph formats can have an effect on printing. Larger the font size in the paragraph format, the lesser number of characters/lines get printed on a page. Even some fonts occupy more space than others. There is no size limit in the paragraph format, you can use which size is required for that text that is using the paragraph format. For e.g: Headings require a larger size than the normal text.

Regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi manoj

the problme i am facing is that a paragraph format is already being used by many text to be printed in pages for them all the text is being prited on teh pages 1-6 all

but for my text which is simar code and usig hte same paragraph format it is not printing and it is last

but it is printing for first page but not from second onwards

so can it be problem of paragraph format?

so taht i can crate a new paragraphe format for my text to be printed

pls suggest

regards

Arora

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think it is a problem with the paragraph format. Are you using different pages for First and Next pages in the script. If so, check if the text you want to print is there on the second page or not (in the Script - Page Windows).

Reward if useful.

Regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi manoj

the window is there in boht the pages and i did my coding in teh window

hence my text exists in bothe the pages (as the window is being used in bothe the pages) and i checked also

regards

Arora

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if the window has enough height and width to display the text within it. Or you can just try creating a new paragraph format and assign it to the text.

Regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i already checked for window size and for first page it is displaying properly

but for second page onwards the text is nt being displayed thats the problem ..

regards

Arora

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Try writing another 'WRITE_FORM' for the window in the next page in the calling program.

Hope this helps in printing the text in the next page.

Also check whether you have written <b>'PAGE 2'</b> in the <b>"NEXT PAGE"</b> or not.

Message was edited by:

Pritha Agrawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

as i already told that the window is being called in the main program and also the page 2

only thing is that this text is not printed in teh same window on page 2 rest all text are printed in the same window in page2

so the window and page are being called already

regards

Arora

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arora

check the window size on teh next page is it diffrenct from first page compare hte two and if it is less than the first page extend it to become equivalent to first page.

paragraph format is just a format to print the text on the page accordingly it should not have any effect on ur display is same in boht the pages.

it should display same at both pages..

check window existance and size as compared to first page it should be same as of first page if not same not less than the first page.

regards

Nishant