cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlaying Canvas containers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have two canvas containers the same size, using dynamic visability I want to show either one or the other.  When I have them side by side this works fine but if I overlay them the 2nd canvas does not display when the conditions are meet to hide the first.  Is this because when I overlay them the 2nd canvas becomes a component on the first and is there a work around?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look at your object browser to see if the 2nd canvas is nested inside the 1st.

You can "un-nest" canvas2 by dragging it out of canvas1 in the object browser.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jo;

Adding to Mike's solutions;

Can you check that, the dynamic visibility is properly set, I mean if u have given the dynamic visibility to only one container, not to the 2nd one & 2nd one is at the top of the 1 container..

This will block the 1st container's visibility, if 2nd container is given priority (i.e if 2nd container is below the 1st container in the object browser).

Sandip Gune.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

Use component "Panel Container" as one of the two components(for the one which you would associate with dynamic visibility) instead of using "Panel Container2" component for both, that way Panel Container would lie on top of the  Panel Container2 component and show only when the condition is met.

Panel Container wont be treated as part of Panel Container2 with grouping of components if you overlay it correctly

And as Nestor suggested associate dynamic visibility with one container and try to show one always on the dashboard.

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Cape,

Could you set the second container with "permanent visibility" -> without it, and just set the first one with the condition you wish. When the condition evaluation is 'false', the first container sets the visibility to 'Hide', and then the other container appears by default.

Hope it helps,

Regards