cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output of multiline container element in email not working

former_member498918
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm trying to display a multiline container element in an e-mail from workflow. The element container contains 2 lines. I can see these have been populated in the log in SWIA. However, when using &ITAB##& to output these lines nothing is diplayed. I've also tried &ITAB[]& and &ITAB& all of which return no lines in the e-mail.

Does anyone know if this is something I'm doing wrong or is there an error in R/3. I'm on release 4.6c.

Thanks

Karen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

The same has happened to me before.

Check the Binding in the "control" tab of the Send Mail step to ensure that the Multi-line element is being passed correctly and that the actual TS Task has a corresponding multi-line element in its container to accept it.

This can happen when you add additonal elements to the mail text AFTER you have created the mail TS task.

Ps. This should probably have been in the

"SAP NetWeaver General » Business Process Management (BPM)" forum.

former_member498918
Participant
0 Kudos

I had done what you said "This can happen when you add additonal elements to the mail text AFTER you have created the mail TS task." I created a new workflow and it worked first time.

Thanks for your help.

Karen

former_member498918
Participant
0 Kudos

This is getting annoying. This was sednging e-mails and printing the table in the e-mail fine. Then I had to add more fields to the table ITAB. After this the table wasn't showing again in the e-mail. I recreated the workflow, tasks and even the BOM, but still nothing.

As before I can see the ITAB entries in the details of the e-mail task. But, they don't get written into the e-mail even though I'm selecting &ITAB##& from the Expressions section to put into the e-mail.

Is there anything I haven't tried. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is this a SAP problem that can be fixed with a note. I've had a look, but can't find anything about it.

Thanks

Karen

former_member498918
Participant
0 Kudos

I had added a type p field to the table. I changed this to a character field and it all works again.

Karen

Answers (0)