cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Web Access integration with SSO problem - urgent!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to integrate Outlook Web Access 2000 under EP 6.0 SP2 patch 3 hotfix 7 but I have a problem with the SSO.

1. I created an Outlook System.

2. I mapped an user John with password XXX to the Outlook System with user John and password YYY (John & YYY are used to access the Outlook Web Access 2000) - <b>is it obligatory to use one and the same user name for the portal and OWA?</b>

3. I created Outlook Exchange Server iView using appintegrator (I have implemented my own application integrator as described in to use GET method.) and filled the properties <b>System</b> to point to my Outlook System and <b>URL template</b> https://<server_host_name>/exchange/.

Unfortunately after logging to the portal when I access the OWA iView I have to fill the password field although the mapping I have made... Am I missing something? I have read all articles releated to OWA... but the result is negative Please help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

oliver_nocon
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

there has been a security update from Microsoft which prevents sending urls like http://user:password@my.outlook.com.

I guess this might be your problem because the application integrator uses exactly this method in the example you are referring to. Please have a look at OSS Note 712902 which describes the problem in more detail.

One way to get around this problem is to allow your users to authenticate via Integrated Windows Authentication. Then you do not need to maintain any user mappings in the portal.

For Exchange 2003 there is the possibility to use a ticket verifier. You can find details in the EP Implementation Forum.

Best regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oliver,

I don't thing that is the problem. I am having the same problem. When I try to access OWA from an iview, the password is asked again. When I access OWA directly, there is no problem and I got logged with the user and pass that I send by url...

any other idea??

Marcelo

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Marcelo,

do you use the full qualified Hostname in the URL iView for OWA?

Regards

Gregor

oliver_nocon
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

just saw that your URL template should look like:

http://<Authentication>yourExchange.server.com/.

with the user mapping template set to

<MappedUser>:<MappedPassword>@

As mentioned in my previous post this does not work anymore in IE unless you use one of the workarounds described in the MSDN note.

Best regards,

Oliver

Message was edited by: Oliver Nocon

Message was edited by: Oliver Nocon

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you try to login to at webpage directly via the Portal and you are prompted for login info again and this is not the case when you access the webpage directly, then the problem could possible that info is not passed from one domain to another. One way to deal with this is to trust the domains in question.