cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSA BSP Javascript truncated code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm currently developping an Appraisal form template in OSA and i'm struggling with a strange system behaviour. When either previewing the template web layout from the backend or attempting to use it from the portal, i'm getting javascript errors saying "'Functi' is undefined". I have used the Microsoft Script Debugger and found out that the script sapUrMapi_ie6.js was truncated at line 4360 (whereas the script is normally 9959 lines long). I checked in my cache and indeed it is not the size it should be.

The weird thing is that this script is used in other applications in the portal and it is then downloaded correctly. However, i guess because it is not in the same context, Internet Explorer does not use the correct existing one but downloads it again (corrupted) and changes the name to sapUrMapi_ie6.js?6.0.17.0.0.

I have tried to check parameters in rz11 in case there would be some maximum request size or something similar but didn't find anything.

FYI we are running ECC 6.00 (SAP_HR and EA-HR and SP18 and SAP_ABA and SAP_BASIS are SP12) and EP 7.00 both with Enhancement Package 2005.1 SP03.

Has any of you ever crossed such a case ? I've got a workshop to run tomorow on that topic and am supposed to run a demo, so i'm kind of panicking, and already planning to sleep at work tonight :o))

Thanks in advance,

Sylvain.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try clearing the server cache and run it again to see if it helps.

transaction

SMICM->go to->HTTP server cache->invalidate->global in system

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thanks for your quick answer - i have however tried that (as well as obviously emptying the cache on my local machine, trying on several machines, etc...) but couldn't make it work : it always download a truncated version of the script. I have even traced the HTTP trafic and the return code at first download of the script is "200 OK", so there is no error detected. That's why i'm thinking that's on the ECC side that i've got an issue.

Regards,

Sylvain.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try this.

first invalidate the server cache.

then go to transaction se80

MIME repository->sap->public->bu->ur->design2002->js->sapUrMapi_ie6.js

right click on the .js file and download it to local machine and check the line where you had problem earlier. if the problem persists there change it and upload it again. and try re running your application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I've tried this, but no success. The line where it stops is line 4360. I had thought about some syntax issue, but then i guess it wouldn't trucate the file in the middle of a word. The complete line is :

function sapUrMapi_Paginator_buttonDisabled(o) {

And when debugging, i see that the code stops at :

functi

I have checked if this was a particular number of characters or whatever, but nothing obvious (this is not necessary relevant also as the js is download as part of a broader HTTP request as far as i understand, so a size limitation or something similar would not be applied only on this js).

Also, one detail, in my local machine cache the file is renamed to sapUrMapi_ie6.js?6.0.17.0.0. Not sure if this has any kind of importance.

Cheers,

Sylvain.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>in my local machine cache the file is renamed to sapUrMapi_ie6.js?6.0.17.0.0</i>

i do see the same in my case as well, may be something to do with the version.

can you try to call the following url directly in the browser and save the .js file to desktop and see whether it download completely?

http://host.domain.com:port/sap/public/bc/ur/Design2002/js/sapUrMapi_ie6.js?6.0.17.0.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

That actually was a very good idea 🐵 Didn't think about that one...

Anyway, i did that (after emptying my local cache of course) and the downloaded script is corrupted. I double-checked on the server and the script is fine. So it seems that when calling it, even outside of the context, it doesn't download properly for some reason. I tried several times, and it always truncates at the exact same place.

Any other idea ?

Thanks for all your help so far, i won't forget the points 🐵

Sylvain.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

may be try installing some HTTP trace tools (like http watch) and then run the trace tool and run the url for the js file and see whether the http trace points to any possible issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sylvain,

try with disabling zip-compression for the download. To do this disable the use of HTTP1.1 on the "Advanced" tab in the IE. Some versions of IE sometimes seem to have trouble with the zip-compression (as well as some versions of Adobe's Acrobat Reader have). Also check out SAPNote 904314 for this.

Best Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yiiihaaaaaaaaaa.....

Thanks very much Michael - i disabled HTTP 1.1 in IE6 and it now works !

Thanks you very much - points given (also to you Raja)

Best regards,

Sylvain.

Answers (0)