cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organisational structure in Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm with a client that keeps organisational structure in a non-SAP system, but might be considering moving this structure into SAP. In either case, I need to have an organisational structure in Workflow for agent assignment. If they continue to keep the org. structure outside of SAP, I will have to create the structure from scratch in WF, correct? Can the two structures be kept in synch automtically?

If they decide to go with the SAP option, will I still need to create the org.structure from scratch in Workflow, or can I somehow use the already existing org.structure in SAP.. how?

I have been looking at help.sap.com and other sources for help, but I am unable to find a clear picture..

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Thomas Kjelsrud

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For workflow you dont need to build a decicated workflow org structure, but you can use an existing OM structure. The problem in most of the times is that the OM structure which represents the organization is not always suitable for use in workflow.

I dont know which options you have with migrating the HR Om structure from a NON sap environment to a SAP system.

/Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

Can you guide me to some documentation on how to use an existing OM (Organisational Management??) structure? In the case that the structure is not suitable, what are my options? Would it be easier to build one myself?

Thanks for you help.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

With transaction PPOME you can build your OM.

Which process do you want to cover with workflow? Which persons do you need to find in/via the OM?

/Peter

ramki_maley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas,

We have a similar scenario. The OM data in SAP is kept in sync with an interface job. The structure in SAP is extended to assign specific WF responsibilities. We use Rule Resolution FMs to determine the agents.

Cheers,

Ramki Maley.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

The thing is that we are still very much at the planning phase, so there are quite a few things that have not been decided on yet. But in general, I will need to identify case-workers that need to check/verify cases from CRM.

Thomas

Answers (0)