I had installed Oracle in my system earlier, but it didnot get installed properly. Then I tried to uninstall it, again I think its not uninstalled properly. When I am trying to check this, I am able to find the following:
1. Oracle folder not present in C:\
2. Oracle folder not present in C:\Program Files
3. Oracle key not present in registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ORACLE)
4. No references to Oracle services in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/Ora* present
5. There is no OUI present in All Programs
6. Only ORACLE_HOME environment variable is showing path C:\Oracle\Product\10.2.0\db_1\BIN, but when I am browsing MyComputer->C:\->I am not able to find any "Oracle" named folder
Can anybody please suggest whether Oracle client is installed in my system or not. Because when I try to install SAP PI in the system, it throws error at the database creation step.
Thanks in advance!
For sure your your oracle rdbms is not installed, otherwise you will definately find directories at the location pointed by your ORACLE_HOME.
Best is to follow the same installation guide you are using for PI installation, near the end of the guide you will find the instruction for removing oracle.
As you have not crossed the time taking phase so it is also advisable to clean-up your temporary inst directory and start fresh installation.