Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options for modeling massterdata attributes which can have multiple values

Ashwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hallo All BW Experts!

here is a modelling requirement which i find quite interesting and challenging.

How can we use attributes for a masterdata which can have multiplevalues. Currently these kind of attributes are stored in seperate ODS. One example for such a requirement might be the Busines Partner groupes. Each Business partner can be in more than one group.

my question is , How can we modell such kind of masterdata model which enables us to use these attributes for restrictions in reporting from various independent infoproviders. Main problem is due to the condition that the no of such groups per each user is not fixed and can be changed in runtime.

any suggession will be rewarded.

with regards

ashwin

View Entire Topic
former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashwin,

such cases are called Party Role constructs in a data modeling scebario , they will have a mapping table maintained in them or will have values such as value1 , value2 , value 3 in their attributes.

An example is an appraisal transaction - employee is appraised by manager and manager is also an employee which means that he assumes the role of an employee for his/her appraisal..

a good explanation of the same can be found at

http://www.dmreview.com/article_sub.cfm?articleId=1038793

I know what I have said is not BW specific , but more on the larger scenario of data modeling as such.

Hope it helps..

Arun

Ashwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun!

Is there any possiblily to create such a model in BW which is flexible. One option might be to use a heirarchy. Actually the requirement looks like this. We must be able to analyse all businesspartner data and with that data we will be able to group the customers into various target groups. now we want to anyalyse the performance of such target grouops in past time.

to be simple

1) it is possible to create customer groups based on masterdata charecteristics.(there is lot of facilitiey available in BW3.5 and more in 7.0 for this) this is very dynamic

2) Now is it in anyway possible to analayse the performance of such a group. I think currently heirarchies serve such purpose but small limitation in SAP is that they must not contain more than 100000 records otherwise the performance is siverly limited.

any suggestion

with regards

ashwin