Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operating System commands in FTP adapter

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a requirement to use "Operating System Command" option in the Sender/Receiver side File Adapter.

And in help.sap.com they have brief notes on this.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/content.htm

When I tried to execute some valid DOS commands like MKDIR,RENAME etc it didn't work at all.

But process has been sucessfully completed without any error!!!

System : XI 3.0 SP 11

Can anyone has any inputs on this ? Pls share me some ideas with example. Is there is any limitations on this feature?

Note: When I tried to give invalid commands hfjkhfkasdjfh,asdjdhas etc, still it is not giving any error!!. Still my File Adapter as well as entire process is successfully completed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna,

Sometimes depending on the versions of your FTP/OS software, some command don't work in the OS environment. Maybe that is so in this case. It perhaps has nothing to do with your file adapter process (which was completed successfully) - just that some commands (including invalid ones) are not recognized.

Regards,

Sapknowledge

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem. But, the log file of a File Adapter is saying the command was executed successfully. Is there any log to see what is happening and WHY the command is not being executed?

dmitriy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A couple of cautionary notes.

The OS command is executed after the file has been processed, e.g. read successfully by a sender adapter or created successfully by a receiver adapter.

The file name processed can be accessed using %f in the OS command.

The OS command must include the full directory path, or XI will assume the current directory which may not be where your command resides.

Regards,

Bill

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

If I logon to ftp and if I give valid commands it is working fine. But from File adapter configuration, I am unable to do.

How can we see log file of a FTP adapter ?

Thanks

Krishna Moorthy