cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening UWL GP tasks via URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am currently using NetWeaver 2004s Sneak Preview and am developing a process using guided procedures. I have configured the tasks to appear in the Universal Worklist and this has been working well. I would like to know if it is possible to launch a particular task via a URL given that I have the task ID available. Reason being, I am currently working on sending email notifications through GP to current processors and would like to give them the ability to launch their task directly.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Greg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible to construct an email notification with the url to open the GP task directly like http://localhost:50100/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/cafeugpuirt/Runtime?app.processId=1a1&app.taskId=6a4

That will open the the GP task via the GP webdynpro interface not the GP Portal interface (either UWL or the GP Runtime view)

It appears that opening UWL task directly from URL is not possible yet or at least not documented. I coulnd't find the UWL API or any GP documentation or anybody within GP development that can explain how to.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Thanks for the response. Your suggestion works well. In fact, there is a built in parameter named 'sy.workitemurl' that can be accessed using the scripting language when building the email template which constructs and outputs a URL similar to your example.

~Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre

I need a help regarding the GP forward task via URL.

we implemented UWL GP tasks via URL. that is working fine.

now we are looking for GP forward task functionality in UWL.

can you please let me know how to implement this GP forward task functionality thru URLs.

the processID and taskID are same or changed before anf after forward the task..??

Thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre

I need a help regarding the GP forward task via URL.

we implemented UWL GP tasks via URL. that is working fine.

now we are looking for GP forward task functionality in UWL.

can you please let me know how to implement this GP forward task functionality thru URLs.

the processID and taskID are same or changed before anf after forward the task..??

Thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have tried and got sucess in opening GP task in email notification (via sy.workitemurl parameter).

I am facing a problem. The senario is decribed below:

I have a process with multiple steps which are executed by different users.

E-mail addresses of all the users are same.

I opened my first step from the received notification. There is no log off so I closed the explorer window directly.

Now first action is completed and workflow moves to second action (different user).

I tried to open second action but by default it takes the previous login for opening that action.

Can you please highlight on this Why this is happening and what will be solution?

Regards,

Pratik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratik,

SAP is not providing auto logoff.

So if you open your browser for one user login credentials it will take those credentials when ever you

tried to open the portal on the same browser.

From your words i came to know that you are closing the browser each time when you are opening another Task url in that case it should ask you for portal login if not please check the cookies.

I hope it will help you.

Regards,

Rajesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory/Andre,

I need some help in getting the URL which you provided:

http://localhost:50100/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/cafeugpuirt/Runtime?app.processId=1a1&app.taskId=6a4

I am not aware of this part: app.processId=1a1&app.taskId=6a4.

Can you please tell how can I get the details for processId and taskId and give them in this URL.

It would be a great help.

Regards

Aanchal