cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening manifest.appdescr_variant with SAPUI5 Visual Editor fails with : Request failed

gregorw
Active Contributor

Hello SAP BAS Team,

I've created an Adaptation Project in BAS. When I now try to open the SAPUI5 Visual Editor by doing a right-click on webapp/manifest.appdescr_variant I get the following error message:

"An error has occurred: Error: Request failed: error URI: /destinations//sap/bc/lrep/actions/getcsrftoken/"

I've checked that the lrep endpoint is active in the Backend Transaction SICF:

Also I can create a new Fiori Elements Application with the same backend without any issues and see the available OData Services:

In the workshop yesterday opening the SAPUI5 Visual Editor still worked at least when the Adaptation Project was created for the Manage Product Master app (mdm.cmd.product.maintain). For the Classify Products - Commodity Codes app (fcg.sll.prodcmdtycd.clsfys1) it failed already yesterday but with another error message:

I wanted to file this issue today, but it seems the other issue has to be solved first.

Best regards
Gregor

hristotsolev
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Gregor,

The first problem with the error that explains about the csrf token issue is known and we are currently working on a fix for it. The workaround for it is to clear the cookies in your browser (or just start BAS in incognito browser session).

The second problem you describe is a more general one and might be caused by different reasons - we are aware that the error which is being displayed is not informative enough and are also working on a fix for it. However, in order for us to understand what exactly is the problem, we will need some debugging, so can you please contact me directly, or just submit a support ticket to CA-UI5-FL-ADP-BAS.

Thank you,

Best regards,

Hristo Tsolev

gregorw
Active Contributor

Hi Hristo,

I've tried to solve the first issue by deleting the cookies and also trying in in incognito. Both have no effect.

Best regards
Gregor

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello hristotsolev,

I've just tried again and still running in the error:

"An error has occurred: Error: Request failed: error URI: /destinations//sap/bc/lrep/actions/getcsrftoken/"

Best regards
Gregor

hristotsolev
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

the other issue that might be happening is that you have not opened the Adaptation Project as a separate workspace. So, please, first make sure again you are in brand new session (with either clearing the cookies, or an incognito session), then click on File/Open Workspace and choose the folder of the project that you want to open and click Open. Business Application Studio will then reload with the workspace specifically set to the one of your project and you should be able to open the Visual Editor.

Regards,

Hristo

encarrero
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm getting the same error even if I try to connect to ES5, so I discarded that is something related to my system. I also did open the project in a separated workspace and in incognito mode and same error.

Kind regards,

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi hristotsolev,

I've opend the project now in it's own workspace. But when I open the SAPUI5 Visual Editor it get's stuck at around 75%:

Best regards
Gregor

hristotsolev
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

Can you please share the last page of the developer console, there should be some kind of an error there that might guide me to resolving your issue, thanks.

Regards,

Hristo

encarrero
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My screen also gets stuck in the same step. In my case, the error in the console is calling the odata:

AppVariant_index.html?sap-ui-layer=CUSTOMER_BASE&sap-ui-xx-viewCache=false

Error status: 502

The connection to the backend (S/4 on-premise) is ok.

Kind regards,sapui5visualeditor.jpg

0 Kudos

Hi,

I was able to reproduce the issue with one of the adaptation projects and it happens for one of the apps for another project on the same system Visual Editor loads without a problem.

All this makes me think that the issue is somehow related to the base app. I'm investigating it currently and if I find the problem, I will write here.

Meanwhile you can test with another app (different type app if possible). Sometimes changing the SAPUI5 version also helps.

Kind Regards,

Gery

MrVila
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm facing the same error when I try to open an adaptation project from BAS. I tried to change UI5 version, clean up cookies, incognito mode, tried with different apps, etc. But nothing helped. From web ide all is working fine.

former_member731327
Discoverer
0 Kudos

We have the same issues.

csrf token issue was fixed by creating new dev space and new project.

But the SAP visual editor has the same issue, It does not load the preview to make changes. The application cannot be run either.

I am trying to adapt the epmra_prodman app on the ES5 system

As per previous post there is an error at

AppVariant_index.html?sap-ui-layer=CUSTOMER_BASE&sap-ui-xx-viewCache=false

Error status: 502

capture.png

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

ajaygupta
Participant

Hello All,
Update 2023.
This was my experience while using the Adaptation project.
1. I cleared all my browser caches and it worked !!
2 .Also, there was an error in my extended .js file, due to which it was not loading.
3. It failed to load when we try to override the extension methods for Standard apps containing synchronous views.
Regards,
Ajay

termanico
Participant

Hi - same Issue with my adaptation project 😞

Hi Gregor,

In your case if you adapt the app that is on your screenshot, the problem is that this app requires some ushell resources and in Visual Editor we are trying to start it as a standalone app. Currently we are working on a fix for that issue. When you run the Visual Editor with that app please check the console for error "cannot read property 'i18nModel' of undefined.

Kind Regards,

Gery

gregorw
Active Contributor

Hi Gery,

thank you for the update. Can you please give another update when it is fixed?

Best regards
Gregor

0 Kudos

any update on this Issue?

0 Kudos

Hello,

If the error you get was "cannot read property 'i18nModel' of undefined", this is already solved.

If the Visual Editor is not starting please check the console for additional errors.

Kind Regards,

Gery

0 Kudos

My destination seems to give a 500 error too is it in relation to this? can you guys suggest?

0 Kudos

Hi!

I am facing the same issue today. Has it been fixed?