Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenHub - Data Access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have created Infospoke and storing data in the Table

in SAP-BW server.My question is our users like to access these table using MS-Access through ODBC.

Can we access SAP-BW tables using MS-Access using ODBC as connector ?

Your response is greatly appericiated.

Regards,

Kamal

Message was edited by: Kannan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think DataStage is supported by 3.0b also since it was part of our BW Training by SAP!!!

Also what the initial scenario was about was to access BW Tables directly using SQL Enterprise manager or through any other ODBC Interface. And other tools like Informatica , etc are supported from 3.5 onwards I guess.

Arun

former_member192700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kanan,

the statement about DataStage (and the automatical pickup of the data from the BW system) is correct, yet only as of BW 3.5 officially released.

Cheers

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we last used the ETL Ascential Datastage I remember they access the both the infospoke and the ods tables directly. Try that option

Hope this helps.

BWer

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

your question is valid. BW allows access to BW through OpenHub. You can access the backend tables through:

1. certified connectors since the tables are finally on some database. You will not be able to access them directly since there is a certain level of encryption in place for data safety.

You will be able to use only certified connectors to connect to the DB and extract them into your own tables and that is exactly what open hub does. Also the concept of connectors applies to R/3 also.

Arun