Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenDocument Parameter (Session Out)

former_member184582
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Does anyone know if you can add a parameter to OpenDoc that will log a session out after a certain time?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible to modify the OpenDocument.jsp and to add custom logoff functionality. Also closing the browser window does not terminate the enterprise session that is consumed while opening the document via opendoc link. Default timeout is 20 minutes as mentioned by Amit.

To explicitly logoff the session you can create a custom javascript that would be triggered when the browser window is closed like onunload() function.

Refer the following SCN article:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f06e81da-5cd2-2e10-48be-956d9f5c6...

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Niraj

former_member194862
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

If you have BO XI 3.1 then inside the tomcat in webapps folder there is InfoViewApp so you can try to change the session timeout to desired time in minutes and let me know if it works because opendoc will call the InfoView and this should work.

If you have BI 4.0/4.1 then inside the webapps folder there is a BOE folder C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\tomcat\webapps\BOE\WEB-INF\web.xml

<session-config>

<session-timeout>20</session-timeout>    <!-- 20 minutes for session objects -->

</session-config>

Change this to the time you want.This is for the BILaunchpad

Let me know if this works.

Thanks,

Amit

former_member184582
Participant
0 Kudos

Amit,

I would like to add a parameter for the same using OpenDoc.

Thank You.