cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Hub Delta init

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're creating a new Open Hub InfoSpoke, pulling ODS data into flat files. The ODS has 12 million records - too big for one file. I want to do "Full" open hub extracts to pull a half million records at a time. Then I want to initialize the delta, then have the "Delta" open hub pull only new records from that point. Is there a way to initialize the delta in Open Hub?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kurt,

Did you ever get the Open Hub delta to work? We have a cube taking full loads from a flat file. We need to open hub this data to another database but we'd like to get only the delta records from the cube. Is this possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm afraid it's not possible. I had to let the first Open Hub delta extract all the records, throw those records away, then after that each delta extracts only the changes since last time. (BW 3.5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto Delta administration in RSBO ..and try to deactivate all requests and run the infospoke..it might reinitialize...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried that already. It didn't work. I also tried to "reset" requests. That didn't do anything either.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kurt,

We dont have option of Delta Initialization in case of InfoSpoke.

Best way to do your scenario is by giving Selection condition in the Selection Tab of InfoSpoke and do break your load in 5 full uploads and after that use "Delta" as your Extraction mode.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ashish

(Reward with points if this helps you)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can certainly break up the data in full loads. But the first delta run will still pull all 12 million records from the ODS. To get around this problem, I'm going to run the first delta into a BW table, then change it back to a file for the daily deltas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want it to be recurring job you have the option of including InfoSpoke in Process Chain include the Process Type "Data Export into External Systems".

Thank you

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Keep in mind that Excel has a limitation of 65,536 rows.

Split the Open hub export delta accordingly.

Thank you

Arun Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

After I do the initial extracts, how do I initialize the open hub delta without data transfer?

(I should point out that we don't have an ETL tool. Flat file is our only option.)