cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open assembled patch solution in PDI/SDK for analysis

KaushalShah
Active Contributor

Hi All,

This might be a silly basic question, but I've just started working on cloud application studio and was wondering how to do this.

We have 3 solutions in DEV system. One original solution and one Patch solution for actual developments, and one sandbox solution for all the exploratory work.

Right now, the 3rd sandbox solution is "in development", so I can open UI designer for this solution.

The first two solutions are in status "Assembled", so I cannot open UI designer for them. I want to open UI designer, to analyse a bespoke EC which has been created, and how it is integrated with the standard screens and BO.

Could you please suggest how can I do:

- Change status of the original patch solution to "in development"

- Open UI designer to analyse the EC and original BO, capture required information

- Revert back the patch solution's status to what it is now, without making any changes

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

View Entire Topic
ThiagoSarmento
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi kaushal.shah,

You can open the patch solution and click on create patch version from Implementation Manager. This will cause the patch to be In Development and the patch version will be increased by one. The UI Designer can be opened from any In Development solution.
Once you have analyzed the EC, you can click on assemble and download button.

Best regards,
Thiago

KaushalShah
Active Contributor

Great, thanks a lot for this Thiago. I have just one more followup question. Is there a way such that I don't have to assemble and download, rather I can go back to the previous patch version because I haven't really made any changes?

ThiagoSarmento
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Not actually kaushal.shah, once the patch is assembled, you have to create a new patch, which will cause the patch to be In Development. Even if you don't make any changes to it, you can click on assemble, there's no problem on doing this. Also, going back or reverting to a previous patch version is not supported.

KaushalShah
Active Contributor

Aahhh ok, makes sense thiago.sarmento. That means, when I create a new version, view a few screens in SDK and in UI designer and then click assemble (without making any changes), all it will do is increment version number by one, and that's it. Let's say current version is 50. I'll creation version 51 and assemble it with no changes. Next time when I or someone else create a new version for any enhancement, it will be 52 instead of 51. Please correct me if I've misunderstood anything.

ThiagoSarmento
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert